During this summer season we can’t help it but to be concerned about our electricity bill. Wether at home or place of business, our wallet certainly feels the hit when these hot summer days come by. Nevertheless, there’s good reason to be energy efficient and their is no better time to start than now. For starters, you’re eligible for rebates and savings programs when you make qualified, energy-saving improvements to your home. Many of these upgrades also may be eligible for tax credits. What’s more, when you use less energy, you pay less too.To get started, complete the Do-It-Yourself Check-Up to see where in your home energy savings can be found. Here are some simple tips to being more energy efficient:
- Set your thermostat between 78 and 80 degrees during warm months. During colder months, set it between 68 to 70 degrees.
- Use a programmable thermostat to manage your daily heating and cooling needs.
- Try a free CPS Energy Savers Smart Thermostat or other programmable thermostat programs.
- Use a ceiling or portable fan to circulate air and make you feel cooler.
- Turn off the television, fan and lights when you leave a room.
- Replace less efficient incandescent light bulbs with LEDs and CFLs.
- Purchase energy-efficient appliances and products. Take advantage of our home efficiency rebates.
- Turn off or unplug electronic devices, such as computers, power tools, etc., when not in use.
Source: Copyright © 2016, CPS Energy. Retrieved from: https://www.cpsenergy.com/en/my-home/ways-to-save/energy-efficiency.html